Life is hectic. There never seems to be enough time in a day to do everything that you want and need to accomplish. With the time constraints we all face, it’s important to prioritize your health and well-being.
Eating right and exercising can seem like a chore and is easily bumped down the list of priorities. Here are some tips to find time to work your health back into your schedule:
1. Start Early – Waking up an hour earlier than normal gives you the opportunity to cross exercise off your list right away every day. Being an early riser provides the added benefit of ensuring that you have time to start your day with a healthy breakfast.
2. Reward Yourself with Relaxation – Some people are not excited about exercising; if you’re one of them, reward yourself after you’ve completed your workout for the day with something you enjoy like watching TV or reading.
3. Active Family Time – If you have children, incorporate fitness into your daily routine with them. Get a jogging stroller and go for a walk with the family or do calisthenics on the playground.
4. Meal Prep – Diet is just as, if not more, important than exercise when it comes to health and wellness. Set a day to do some meal prep for the rest of the week to ensure that you don’t have an excuse to hit the drive thru or order takeout when you run out of time.
5. Do What You Love – If you do what you love, it doesn’t feel like work. Find an active hobby like hiking, swimming or biking.
6. Set an Appointment – If nothing else gets you motivated to workout, make it a necessity by setting an appointment with yourself, friends or a trainer to create accountability in your program.
Incorporating some of these ideas into your busy week will allow more time to focus on your health without sacrificing your quality of life.